On June 7th, Platselector organized the “Perigeo de Junio” in the magnificent terrace of the Renaissance Hotel Barcelona, with views of the Goja Rooftop Experience from the terrace joint with Celeste Crianza from Bodega Torres.
The Perigee is an astronomical phenomenon that happens when the moon’s orbit is nearest to the earth, a phenomenon that inspired the Caravan Made team create a menu connected with the land, the vine, the water, and the Astros.
With a conceptualization of plates, the team and creative catering barcelonés designed a 7 cours emenu, representing the faithful and organic evolution of the growing vine, like the delicate manual harvest of this tempranillo grape that is born in the Ribera del Duero which is at a 900-meter altitude. Characteristics that confer to the aroma of the fruity, dark, mature and light wine with hints of coffee and dry fruits.
The 7-course menu of Caravan Made was:
- The seed: The seeds: bread of seeds with germinated salad, peaches, and reduction of celeste.
- The land: Beet tartar with mustard cream and tierra negra (black earth)
- The stem: Asparagus toast, romescu, citrus butter, and black garlic
- The lead: Buds of tudela with chicken tacos, green herb salsa, and pickled onion
- The air: Duck niguiri with wine and grape reduction
- The fruit: The sugar and grapes
- The fire: Meteorites of chocolate
The rhythm of the night was marked by the voice of Kryszaka Maria Belen and the piano playing by Tomàs Fosch, who offered an acoustic concert that lined with the magical theme of this astronomic phenomenon.
The perigee of June fave a large glimpse of the night and those invited were able to observe this phenomenon that occurs some thirteen times a year in each lunar month, through a telescope and a tarotista that has a direct connection to the moon, the same one that observes the vine in the Ribera de Duero.