Let’s make spring the sweetest and most appetising season of the year with these sweet potato pancakes with bacon jam and walnuts. A fluffy temptation to have flowers thrown at you. Do you dare try it?
· ½ cup of wheat flour
· ⅓ (80 ml) cup of while milk
· 1 egg
· 2 tbsp of coconut oil
· 2 tsp of baking powder – yeast
· 5 tbsp of roasted sweet potato
· Spices: cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to taste
- Peel the potatoes with the peeler and cut with the knife with the wooden cutting board.
- Broil the sweet potatoes in the oven with coconut oil and season until they’re soft
- Mix all the ingredients by hand in the bowl with the help of a fork until a homogenous mixture is obtained
- Put some of the mixture in the pan (use some coconut oil so the dough doesn’t stick)
- Cook over a medium heat and let is sit for about 40 seconds, then flip with a spatula for another 40 seconds.
- Repeat until you finish the mixture
· 250 g of bacon
· 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
· 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
· 4 tablespoons of maple syrup (may be honey)
· Cumin, pepper to taste
· A drizzle of bourbon or brandy (optional)
. 150 g of walnuts
- Cut the bacon into small strips with the knife on the wooden cutting board
- Brown the bacon in the saucepan
- Add the apple vinegar
- Let it reduce
- Put the brown sugar and the maple syrup and the bourbon in the saucepan with the bacon
- Stir well with the silicone spatula and lower the heat
- Let it cook for at least 2 hours on low heat
*All the cookware used in this recipe is available at El Corte Inglés.
Video: Rafa de los Arcos